If you're like me, Christmas snuck up on you -- again -- and you were left scrambling for last minute gifts. Here's a quick and easy tutorial on making some fun tags. They can either hang from a gift, or accompany a gift card or cash!
some thin cardboard
some favorite stencils
a dauber or cosmetic sponge
string or ribbon
1. Choose one of your stencils that has lots of open space for dabbing color. Stencil your tags. I used my Flowers Negative and Flowers Positive stencils, and Carolyn Dube's Use Your Words stencil from Stencil Girl Products.
2. Choose one of your stencils that has an intricate pattern. I used my Medallions Stencil from Stencil Girl Products. Stencil your cardboard with white paint or gesso. (I also used Viva Decor Silver modeling paste, but you don't have to.)
3. I made the stars by cleaning off my more intricate stencil on black paper and then punching out the stars. Use your imagination for this step!
4. Cut up your cardboard into circles, squares, strips, and glue them onto your tags.
5. Add your stars and doodle with glitter glue.
6. Use some string, twine or ribbon to hang them.
Of course, there's a video.
And you can watch Holiday Tags on You Tube here.
In case you missed it, here's the You Tube link to my tutorial on making some ornaments using corrugated cardboard and my Three Trees stencil from Stencil Girl. I made a garland with them, but later separated them into individual ornaments.
One of the gifts I gave myself was a class with the incredible Donna Downey. I was lucky enough to attend it with my friend Marjie Kemper. We had so much fun making our canvasses.
And if you've been with me throughout this long post, here's a gift for you - feel free to download it and use it for your personal projects!
Your comments make me so happy and let me know you were here. I read and treasure every comment and will happily answer any questions as soon as I can.