The "word up" at One Little Word this month is "COLOR." This word opened up so many possibilities.
But in the end, I was inspired by this beautiful quote:
Here's how I made it:
1. I sectioned off the canvas using very skinny artists tape.
2. I scraped modeling paste through stencils to create a lot of texture in each of the 8 triangles. The stencils are:
Red: Cascading Feathers
Orange: Squares & Circles
Yellow: Flowers & Circles
Green: Ronda's Feathers (thank you Ronda for the lovely gift of this beautiful stencil!)
Blue: Stitch a Greek Border by Maria McGuire
Indigo: Flying Tulips
Violet: Hebrew Calligraphy
Neutral: Dots & Dashes
3. Then I rubbed paint into them, using the colors of the rainbow, and one neutral. Because LOVE is for EVERYONE.
4. I rubbed gold paint and gold leaf to onto the raised areas.
5. Then I added embellishments from my stash.
Here's a video of part of my process:
AND... I have decided to give away on of my Squares & Circles stencils to someone who comments on this post! So give me a shout out before midnight, EST, on Friday 10/18 to be eligible to win!
Your comments make me so happy and let me know you were here. I read and treasure every comment and will happily answer any questions as soon as I can.
PS - the winner of my FRAMES stencil from the test drive on Thursday is Jo from Anita Houston's blog:
Jo MurrayOctober 10, 2013 at 1:18 PM That's so clever....embossing twice. Worked really well...and this stencil is perfect for that technique.
Congratutions Jo - send me your snail mail address (to jessicabethsporn (@) gmail (dot) com, and I'll sent it to you!
Thank you for visiting and commenting. I know how busy you are and the fact that you take time to leave a word or two makes me so happy!